Sunday, November 04, 2018

Konfirmasjon

My niece was confirmed a week ago and she wore the bunad my ridiculously talented mother sewed for her.  She looks like Solveig from Peer Gynt in this woodsy picture.  I still remember the night this girl was born.  Time flies.
I bought two bunads for Marek in an awesome second hand shop called Uff across the street from the central train station in Oslo.  My sister spotted the shop as we rode by on the tram when she saw a bunad in the window.
I was hoping to have him wear this to Ava's confirmation because it. was. tight.  It wasn't going to fit him for much longer and then he ended up getting a viral stomach bug from daycare and we wound up in the hospital for 2 nights last week.
I'm happy to report he is back to his normal happy self but it was our first test as parents with a really sick kid.  I'm thankful it was nothing serious and I have new sympathy and empathy for families who do struggle with seriously sick kids.  I've been a nurse for 18 years and very seldom am I on the other end of things and I was grateful for all the fabulous care we received.  We have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: