Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Pine Cone Feeders

Dave and I drove up to Duluth this weekend to visit my brother's family.  My brother is deployed to Uganda for another 6 months or so and this was our first visit to their new home up north.  They're currently living in a town home while they wait to build a house on the land they've purchased.
They've been clearing their land slowly and so far have put a driveway in.  Amy and the girls drove us out there to show us and I'd brought large pine cones from our neighborhood trees, some expired peanut butter packs we had and wild birdseed.
No these were not going to be high fiber/high roughage snacks for us but rather suet treats for the birds and critters out there. 
When I was a kid, rangers from the Lime Creek Nature Center would come to our school every year and we'd make bird feeders out of 2 liter bottles and they always told us about these but we never actually made them.  I fulfilled a lifelong dream to finally make these and finally had a niece around to do it with!

Come and get it!

No comments: