Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Ornament Installation

I've slowly been putting up my Christmas decorations and taking down my fall/Halloween decorations.  I haven't had the time to do it all in one afternoon and when I do have the time, I haven't felt like doing it all at once so basically I'm doing it on the Installment Plan.
One of my favorite items I've picked up on every trip to London are these couched goldwork ornaments.  I'll be honest, they are expensive ranging from 8.95-18.95 pounds each but I figure I'm going to have them the rest of my life and they are stored carefully 11 months of the year and displayed and treasured on my Christmas tree every year so I think it's a great souvenir.  Very many of my ornaments were purchased on trips.  This butterfly came from Hever Castle.
This beautiful poppy ornament commemorates WWI and was purchased at St. Georges Chapel in Windsor. 
Of course I had to get a Corgi ornament!  This one also came from St. George's Chapel.  If it weren't for the fact that he has 4 legs, he'd kind of look like Zak!
This one was purchased at Westminster Abbey and is a 90th Birthday medallion for Queen Elizabeth II.
This one is a domestic ornament purchased on sale at Joann fabrics but it warms to my theme!
I was pleased as punch to find this nisse the last time we went to IKEA.  We'd never had a nisse in this house for Christmas so it was about time.  We should have plenty of good fortune because we have a gnome in the garden and now a julenisse in the house!  He stands in the front landing next to my potted palm and umbrella tree.

No comments: