Thursday, October 06, 2016

Jacques and a mug

I have never shopped on Black Friday.  I would never wait in line for the newest electronic device.  Today I was here in Woodbury at the grand opening of the new Sur la table store and I waited in line for an hour because the first 50 shoppers received a free signed Jacques Pepin cookbook!
Here is the book, all 435 pages of it!  I absolutely love this man.  I've watched him cook with Julia and later solo and with his family through the years on PBS.  The store was was promoting a line of cookware featuring his artwork.
And speaking of PBS, when I got home, this had arrived in the mail for me!  Early summer I started a sustaining membership to support Eastenders even as we were looking down the barrel of a difficult summer as far as a nursing strike goes.  PBS is so important to me and even though today marks day 39 that I have been on strike this summer, I still think it is imperative to support our excellent tpt station.  Today was truly a red letter day!  Now I'm going to enjoy a cuppa and peruse my new cookbook!

No comments: