Monday, September 19, 2016

Yarn in Ealing

Our trip was so busy as they always are, but the more people you have and thereby the more interests you want to pursue, the busier it gets.  I really wanted to visit I Knit London outside Waterloo station but by the end of the day it was inconsiderate to ask everyone to wait on me while I shopped for yarn.  Lucky for me, the Bunty Wool Shop was just up the street on Ealing Broadway.
 I called ahead to ask how late they were open due to the impending holiday and was told they'd close in about an hour.  I told him I'd leave immediately and see him shortly.  I power walked up the avenue and enjoyed the view of the local allotments.  People were out enjoying the sunny afternoon to work in their gardens.  So reminiscent of The Good Life and Eastenders!
 It is situated inside Daniel's furniture/department store and they weren't kidding.  Here it is tucked into a corner of the showroom.  I'm kicking myself now that I didn't stop to take photos of the exterior of the shop but I was in such a hurry and the street was so busy.
Respectable selection of yarn.  Most lines were Italian.  The proprieter was most helpful.
They also stocked needles and notions.
I walked away with 12 balls of yarn in 3 different weights, all of which were on special offer.  The purple-ish one is just fun and I have no idea what I'll do with it but the other two are baby weights for theoretical baby knitting.

No comments: