Saturday, September 12, 2015

I done messed up!

I've been hammering away at my blue striped jacket.  The piece on the right is the first piece I started knitting.  The more I worked on it, the more I thought it wasn't right but I soldiered on anyway.  It seemed to be too wide and not long enough.  I got to the end of the increases and my stitches didn't count out the way they should so I put the piece on a holder and started the other front side piece. 
This jacket is knit in garter stitch and shaped with a mitered corner so the left and right front pieces are in fact the same thing.  As soon as I started working on Take Two, I realized that I'd started the first piece backwards from the get go.  The piece pictured on the left is the evolving new side, while the one on the right is the mistake piece.  They are laid out in what should be mirror images of each other, so you can see how much I screwed it up!  I'm slowly unraveling and cannibalizing the mistake piece and knitting it up into the new piece.
Here is a picture of my fabulous new IKEA sewing room shelf!  The shelves are very deep and I was able to cram all manner of things in there.  I'm still monkeying around with how I want it.  I love that it is tall with space on top so I can use the entire space on that wall.
My sister sent me this beautiful garlic that they GREW in their garden.  The bulbs are so colorful with firm plump cloves.  My garlic press is getting a work-out because I've been putting it in everything lately.  Anything we can't eat up relatively soon I will pickle.  Num num garlic!  She said I could plant it too.
Speaking of canning...here is my darling new vinyl tablecloth.  I'm a little overprotective of my wooden dining table and try to have something protective on it at all times.  This design is what I'd call 'whimsical' but I just love it with all the canning that happens here late summer.  They are nice fall colors too and goes nicely with some of the fall decorations I put out today!

No comments: