Sunday, September 20, 2015

Dave's mother lamented to me that they had all kinds of tomatoes on the vine...but they were all green and firm as all get out.  I jumped at the opportunity for fried green tomatoes.  Here is a picture of the lovely unripened heirloom tomatoes I picked.
I know I've written about fried green tomatoes before, but I'd never fried heirloom tomatoes and I thought they were so pretty once I sliced them.  I ate very well last night.  I always season each side of the tomatoes with Kusina Gold, dredge them in flour, dip them in beaten egg, and then dredge them in cornmeal.  Num num.
I have to feel like I cheated Joann Fabrics.  They had a 60% off coupon for any regular priced item.  I did our household's needed items shopping at Target and then headed over to do the grocery shopping.  I had to go to the bathroom really bad so I stopped in at Joann's but I also had that coupon burning a hole in my pocket so I wandered around to see what I could see.  I found this Takumi knitting needle set and it wasn't on sale.  It cost $170.  With my coupon it would cost $68.  I ran for the checkout and got a great deal!  The coupons stipulate that you can't use them for irons, sewing machines, scissors, Cricut machines, etc.  I wonder how long before they say you can't use them for this needle set.  My cashier even told me that I was the highest saver she'd had that day!

No comments: