Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March 17th

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I know these aren't shamrocks, it is in fact the ivy garland draped over my china cabinet.  The holly garland I found and put up over the holidays added so much and the hutch looked very plain without it.  Since then, we've had valentine garland for February, this ivy for March and for the non holiday portion of the year, and later this week I will put up the gorgeous Easter garland I got last year on ridiculous clearance but had no where to hang.  While shopping for some year-round greenery, I looked at some simple florals and vines and then found the ivy.  My Grandma Helen had an ivy kitchen:  ivy curtains and valences, ivy wallpaper, ivy potholders, etc.  Now whenever I see this, I think of time spent with her in the kitchen and our trips to Fargo.
Speaking of Fargo, I am about to do one of my most favorite things....start a new knitting project!  Weeeeeeeeeeee!  This is some Rowan Baby Merino Silk DK that I bought 2 Fargo trips ago at Prairie Yarns.  We were in town for my cousin's graduation and it was our first trip to Fargo with Lopi.  Again I must stress we are not pregnant nor trying but I've been dying to knit this Aran baby snowsuit and it seems appropriate to start some Aran knitting on St. Patrick's Day!  I have a couple items blocking as we speak and will post pictures of those later in the week.  Top O' The Mornin' To Ya!

No comments: