Friday, March 27, 2015

 Notice anything weird about these ducks and geese?  They are not swimming, they are sitting on the thin glaze of ice that appears every night.  It just looks so strange to see them sitting still and not gliding through the water.  Every morning they just mill around waiting for the pool to open.  I had no idea ducks and geese had that kind of insulation/stamina.  Imagine how cold that water must be! 

It was nice to be outside this morning because I have been eating ibuprofen like candy and hiding in dim rooms since Sunday with a migraine.  I got an appointment with somebody/anybody at my regular clinic to either get some different medications, have my head cut off or be euthanized, whichever was easiest.  I saw a lovely doctor and her U of M medical student and they prescribed me a great different rescue med as well as a preventative med that I will take every night at bedtime.  I took the new med when I got home and laid down for an hour.  When I got up, I felt great with no headache and no muscular side effects.  I was singing in the choir again!  In visiting with the doctor, I'd mentioned that I noticed the headaches had slowed down quite a bit while I was cutting back on Diet Coke and she said that aspartame is a common migraine trigger.  Dang.  I guess that means I am a former Diet Coke drinker now.
 I finished my Aran snow suit and took it off the blocking board today!  I caught myself tossing it in the air like you would a baby.  This will look so nice with a fat baby in it!  I keep thinking of my grandpa Maynerd when I look at this.  He would refer to any small child as a 'little jigger' and I think any kid would look like a little jigger in this!
The yarn was kind of expensive at $12.50/ball and I used 4 balls for this but it is a very soft wool/silk blend and is nice for babies.  It is a light gray but could look like a pale blue or lavender depending on what you pair it with.  I used mother of pearl buttons to finish it.  I halfway want a suit like this for mySELF!  ;)

No comments: