Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Slipped Stitch Stash Hat

 Last fall I purchased a bag of scrap yarn at Saver's for $1.99.  It wasn't labeled but I knew in my heart of hearts that it was Malabrigo.  The balls were clearly leftover scraps but I was sure I could use them for something, and what a wonderful color assortment!

I found the perfect pattern!  The Slip Stitch Stash Hat!  I believe this is linen stitch because it looks like the popular colorful scarves that are making the rounds.  You get a lot of colorwork and variety with slip stitches and a few simple rows that are repeated.

I loved the back side with all the slipped stitches.

The only downside was all the finishing.  I am a knotter vs. a weaver so I had to untie all my tails at the end and weave them in.

Here are all my snipped bits.  I just love all the colors!

No comments: