Friday, December 19, 2014

Lisa's Blankie

 I drew my sister's  name for our gift exchange this year and had been sitting on this fabric for a good ten years.  I am crazy about jelly roll style quilts and have busted through all kinds of fabric stash using the technique.  This is fabric I bought at full price at Joann Fabrics ten years ago when I first saw this line.  I bought 6 yards of backing fabric and 5 yards of individual prints.  This fabric line was Japanese themed in different colorways.  Lisa loves red and so red kimonos, lanterns, fans, butterflies and bamboo chutes.  I hate to admit I was a little disappointed in the final results of this quilt.  I was surprised how small the top came out with the 5 yards cut up.  And of course Lopi has to come lay down on anything you're working on.  That backing is 9' by 7.5'. 
 Really Lopi?  You're going to be in my hair that much?  Here I am trying to trim the batting and backing to stretch as much as I can out of the blanket.  I think she will like it even though it won't be a bedspread size.
As beautiful as the fabric is, I just wish there was more contrast between the pieces.  I bought another whole set of fabric in a blue colorway 10 years ago too.  I seem to remember that my fabric had a few prints that had white as a background.  I won't get to that fabric until after the Christmas season.

No comments: