Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hot off the blocking board!

 Here is my finished NaKniSweMo project--another sweater dress and later tunic top for my niece Leah.  It may not count because I don't think it is 50,000 stitches or more but I don't care.  I used some of the Kauni I bought in Estonia and some Madelinetosh I got in Reno this year.  I was so excited to be using the Kauni!  I know I will be knitting another one of these and next time I would use a slightly smaller needle.  I think Leah will need a slip of some sort or she will freeze to death.  The Madelinetosh is lovely and soft but the Kauni would be kind of itchy next to the skin so tights and a turtleneck would help in that department too.
 Here is a pair of socks I finished in October so they count for Socktober!  They are knit from Jitterbug yarn purchased in Helsinki and have lived in my weekend night shift sock knitting bag so the lion's share of them were knit on duty.  I felt a little guilty using such beautiful Colinette yarn for something that was going to go on my FEET but they knit up into some very pretty, soft and STURDY socks.  I have a lot left over from this skein and another whole skein in my stash, as well as 2 more skeins in another blue colorway!

No comments: