Friday, January 03, 2014

Brrrrrrrr, cold enough for ya?!


It is another cold day here in Minnesota with wind gusts that you'd swear blow right through you.  We had some light snow with our wind this afternoon and some freezing rain is possible later on.  I'm glad I did all the shopping earlier today so we are all stocked up and have no need to leave the house this weekend.  No need to leave the house...yet here we are standing in the yard taking pictures!


Since it was so cold today, I was wearing my sweater around the house and thought now is the time for a sweater action shot.  We put Lopi on the chain while we were taking pictures and she was so excited to be outside that she ran in circles like a crazy dog.  She almost pulled my feet out from under me several times!  Have I mentioned this sweater is WARM?  I just love it!


These will go to Melissa for her belated birthday gift.  They are fingerless mitts with little fuzzy knit butterflies sewn on the knuckles and in the palms so it looks like you have caught butterflies!  I have wanted this pattern ever since I saw it and finally got my hands on a copy of Woodland Knits.  I used up the remainder of my Spud and Chloe sock yarn leftover from a tunic I knit for my niece.  I had to double strand the yarn and use needles 4 times larger than called for to get the correct fit.  In the end I had about 5 or so yards left so it was a close call.  Stash busted!  I used my light blue mohair/silk lace weight yarn I bought in Russia to make the butterfly appliques.  I like how these little mock cables look like butterflies.  As I sit and type this, I can hear the freezing rain just starting to hit the window.

No comments: