Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Baby for Christine

My wonderful cousin Christine is pregnant with her first baby.  She and her husband Paul are expecting a girl in September.  I bought this Koigu at Jimmy Beans Wool in Reno because I loved the colors and thought I'd use it for a pair of socks.  It looked so nice next to the leftover gray from my last Sprinkle sweater so it became another Sprinkle instead.  I thought I'd made a mistake on the last one because the neck edge was slanted and the picture in the book had a straight edge.  This neck edge turned out slanted too.  My mom has had problems with errata in that same book so I am chalking it up to that.  The two buttons came from Grandpa Maynerd's button box.

 
Of course I knit my go-to baby items to go with it.  There was enough Koigu left over for some multicolored sockies and I used some Spud and Chloe to knit a star baby cap.

These I kind of came up with by accident.  I was looking for some appropriate leftover worsted in my stash for a different hat and booties.  I didn't really have enough scraps of anything but I have all kinds of white Patons Silk Bamboo.  It is so soft and perfect for baby items but I thought it would be kind of boring or would look too baptismal.  Then I remembered I have 3 different colors of leftover Rowan Kidsilk Haze that I didn't know what I was going to do with.  I stranded the two together to make this pair of booties and a Aviatrix bomber helmet.  The cap is finished with another Grandpa Maynerd button.

No comments: