Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Baby Soma Sweater

This is the sweater I knit for Britt's soon to be arriving baby girl.  The pattern is Sprinkle from the book Juju's Loops purchased at the yarn shop Loop in London this summer.  It is knit from variegated Koigu yarn and some kettle dyed Madelinetosh.  Britt said she wanted baby items that were peach vs. pink and this was the best I could find.  And of course when I was halfway through the sweater, it occurred to me that I could knit this out of Kroy sock yarn which would be machine washable.  Note to self for next Sprinkle sweater.  We saw this little thing hanging up in the store when we were in Loop and I just had to have the pattern.  I'm so glad I got the book because it is absolutely FULL of gorgeous patterns.  This chevron pattern was easily memorized and I worked on much of it when I was watching Dave bowl. 

No comments: