Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh the humanity!

My lower element in my antique oven went out just before the big bake sale! Timing! This put a serious kink in my bake sale ambitions as I was without oven or stove for almost a week while I waited on the maintenance man to bring me my new part and repair it. And on that note, there MUST be a name for this shade of green. My mother used to have a matching oven and fridge in the shade of "Harvest Gold" and this hearkens back to that era! I can't complain though because this oven has seen a lot of mileage and has served me very well. In the end I made 2 big batches of Oat Square Cereal snack mix and 12 cups of sugared/spiced mixed nuts and a double batch of those brownie sandwich cookies. I didn't have time to get my kringla ambitions baked and I've now got four pints of sour cream in my fridge to get used up. Today is the big sale and I hope it goes well. I talked myself down by rationalizing that maybe people in Waterloo won't know what kringlas are and it also sounds like there will be home baking as far as the eye can see. I hope it goes well though. Deedee and Melissa promised they would take lots of pictures of the "Spread".

No comments: