Sunday, February 13, 2011

Field Trip!

Dave and I went to Clear Lake yesterday morning to visit the Larson's Mercantile and a few antique shops. I LOVE Pyrex and bought these 2 pieces! I'd never seen this design before and I LOVE pukey shades of green and they happen to match my oven!!! These are covered in olives! I think olives are pretty but I don't particularly like eating them! I'll eat sliced black olives in salads or on pizzas but I can't abide green olives. One dish is a shallow divided dish and the other is a deeper but smaller serving dish and of course the lids can be used as serving pieces.

I have to be honest and say I am STILL disappointed since that store changed management because they now have only plastic Red Heart acrylic yarn and cotton Sugar and Cream yarn. Gone are the days when they sold Lopi and Collinette. I have been very good on my fabric diet but I cheated and bought 3 yards of stash. The brown background fabric of kitchen items was one of my cuts.

The other two were these lovely 2 cuts: one of zinnia flowers and the other of this scattered vegetable print! LOVE those eggplants! Dave is SO patient with me! :)

No comments: