Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Provisional Government


I fooled around with my first ever provisional cast on, also known as a tubular cast on. I had always shied away from projects that called for this technique and I could just kick myself now because it is a really useful and easy trick to have up your sleeve when knitting. Mom gave me this pattern for a hot water bottle cozy and I finally got around to making one with some souvenir stash from Helsinki as well as buttons from the harbor market. I didn't follow the pattern exactly so that I could fit the dimensions of my bottle, but this is a really simple and easy to follow/adjust pattern.

I just love yucky shades of green and this yarn was no exception: Naturwolle-Ingeborg Michels Gernsbach handspun 100g/100m. It's kind of a blurry picture but if I took a focused picture with a flash, the cables disappeared. This is kind of a busy yarn for cables but I just love it and it makes such a difference when the bottle is filled.

No comments: