Monday, October 05, 2009

Overdue Commissions

About a thousand years ago, a co-worker of mine asked me to make a blanket for her granddaughter. Before I got around to making it for her, she left our floor but I ran into her and got her mailing address. I've had this fabric sitting in my living room where I've had to look at it every day for literally months...and this week finally put it together and mailed it this morning. The man at the Post Office said he'd quick get it to the mail carrier so she'll get it today!



My poor Aunt Mary Jo asked me a while back to knit a hat and mittens for her granddaughter to go with her new navy blue snow suit. They were meant to be for her birthday...in August. Once again, better late than never. This is Lion Brand Wool knit on size 4 needles. The hat was a smaller gauge version of the Le'Slouch hat pattern that I just love and the mittens came from my favorite source book Homespun, Handknit.


And of course the whole time I'm finishing up obligations, I'm getting impatient and want to start the next project. I was finishing up that hat and sitting there coveting this ball of yarn from my chair. It was a skein of Boku from Plymouth Yarn that I got up in Rochester because it looked like Noro and came with a free felted bag pattern. I'm a sucker for anything that comes with a free pattern! I was working on a Le'Slouch hat and couldn't help but think what a great hat that Boku would make. I knit it as long as I could and had maybe a yard or 2 left over but I think I'll give it to my niece because it isn't quite slouchy enough for an adult. That pattern with that yarn was just addictive.

No comments: