Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tulip Bag



Mom and I leave soon for our yearly Field Trip so I had to make myself a new Messenger Bag. It's an Amy Butler pattern that I think is no longer available or I'd post a link for it. This is the best bag for traveling or anytime you're going to be walking around all day and I absolutely love this pattern! The fabric was a 2/3 yard remnant of some upholstery fabric and has a lovely subtle sheen to it. I laid it out and started looking at the pattern and was instantly aware that I wouldn't have quite enough, but I remembered I had quite a few yards of some reddish canvas in The Stash. It's actually kind of a cranberry color, but it matched perfectly and I quite like the contrast. The only thing I'm worried about is that it might bleed or rub off on my clothes, so I'm washing it right now in some very hot water. Now that that order of business is finished, I'm off to go and pack! ;)

No comments: