Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dinks


Melissa and I have been having Crafty Fun Night over at Deedee's house along with her kids. Recently we've made embroidery floss friendship bracelets, glittered Martha Stewart craft kit greeting cards, and ShrinkyDinks! Deedee has the perfect source book for tracing and we all took turns sitting around the table working on our designs. I am always impressed with how vividly plain old colored pencils turn out on these. We used up almost an entire package and must have baked 4 or 5 pans worth of different pieces. We have really had a good time constructively doing something all together.
However, I cannot believe how many people I've come into contact with who have no idea what ShrinkyDinks are! What kind of schools do they have in this area?!? I remember as a kindergartner, after we'd memorized our address and phone number, we were sent home with a pre drawn and colored ShrinkyDink with our name, phone number, and address on it with baking instructions. After it was baked, it was a zipper pull for your coat. I can remember growing up, Mom kept the cardboard envelope of ShrinkyDinks up in the high cupboard next to the kitchen sink.

No comments: