Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yarn Repurposing

This is a lace sock I've had on needles for some time now. I've given up on lace socks because they never have enough elastic in them to actually stay up, and I spend way too much time swearing at them as I'm trying to follow along with the pattern. This was knit from some fabulous Koigu Premium Paint Merino wool...

and I've had a darker green shade of Koigu for some time... So unraveled the sock and started work on a Chevron Scarf from the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It is such a lovely and ingenious little pattern as far as color work goes. It's just like feather and fan lace, but instead of doing YO's to make holes in the knitting, you just kfb to increase stitches so it leaves no gaps. This photo does not to justice to the colors of the yarn.

No comments: