Monday, March 16, 2009

ERI ornament

This is another resin/jar lid ornament I made. I keep all my dvd discs in large cd wallets and then I recycle the cases and liners/notes. Of course there are certain ones I just can't bear to part with because of fabulous pictures and I've saved them for "no particular reason". It's no surprise then that I saved the notes from Elizabeth: The Golden Age! I used copper leaf flakes and bugle beads to frame Bess and I think it looks quite regal! ;)

This ornament will soon have a companion because Mom has asked me to make one from an old tag she has kept. Years ago we got some lemon curd that had a tag with a print of Elizabeth from an actual painting. Mom has since saved that tag and it's hung from the handle of her china cabinet. She suggested making an ornament out of that paper tag and I happen to have the perfect lid for that: Devon Double Cream! I'm not even going to paint the lid!

No comments: