Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slouchy

Mom and I went to Prairie Yarns while we were up visiting in Fargo and I bought 2 fabulous skeins of Malabrigo yarn! I have a pattern for a cabled hat knit from solid colors of the stuff, but this was too variegated for any texture work and the stitches would just get lost. I knit 2 more Le'Slouch hats out of it and had leftovers for small projects. Here is one in the works on my lap shortly after I realized (of course towards the end) that I'd increased too much at the beginning! Oh well, it is just extra slouchy! I do love those colors though, and you can see my eggplant stitch marker! :)

This is the colorway of the other skein and I knit a pair of baby bootees from the leftovers. These will be mailed with a box of kringlas to my friend Rachel. She will come back to work with us towards the end of the month! We can't wait to see her, and I'm sure time will pass even more quickly for her!

This is another pair of bootees for her 2 year old. She was telling me how her toddler had tried getting her feet into the newborn bootees I'd knit for her baby brother! Now I'm afraid they aren't going to fit her! I guess if they don't, her brother will just have to grow into them because these are going into the box too!

And I'm tired of dirty snow and mud!

No comments: