Thursday, September 25, 2008

Seasonal (sweat)Shop



Here is part of the new Fall Line of seasonal scrubs. I cut out quite a few scrubs the other day and sewed these 3 so they could be worn ASAP. I made pretty good time on the leaf and Halloween tops, but that star one was a bit of a bother. It was a 2 yard piece of un-labeled cut fabric that we found in her new house and is very pretty. We literally unearthed it in a cupboard and therefore weren't sure of the fiber content, but it has stars that are some sort of plastic or vinyl that are applied and not printed on the fabric. I laid it out on the ironing board and began folding and pressing...only to MELT the stars with the first contact of the iron! I wasn't sure whether I should abandon the project or proceed. In the end I successfully made a scrub out of it, but I had to press all the seams and folds somewhat blindly by laying another piece of fabric between the fabric and the iron! I am very pleased with the finished shirt and it survived it's initial laundering/drying in a medium heat dryer. Oh how festive our floor will be this week! :)

No comments: