Wednesday, September 10, 2008

finito

These are my cousin's finished Perdita cuffs made with beads cut from Grandma's wedding crown. I found some variegated DMC size 8 pearl cotton thread that was pretty close to her wedding colors. I doubt these will ever be worn by any of the recipients, but it is a nice way for each of us to keep a bit of Grandma with us.


This is actually something that my mother knitted. She gave me a lovely tea cosy pattern book for Christmas and knit me an aran tea cosy in some lovely oatmeal worsted yarn. Not having my tea pot there, she couldn't seam the sides around the spout and handle. I finally assembled it last week and had to pose it with my latest tea score from Rochester. That box of PG Tips is the size of a cereal box and cost $18.99! I was so excited to get it though because that is the biggest box of the stuff I've ever seen! I'm excited to try this loose Tetley tea as well. I drink Tetley's every night at work with their string less bags. The weather is cooling down so it is very nice to have a cuppa nearby.

No comments: