Sunday, February 03, 2008

Road trip...




I went with Brenda to St. Ansgar yesterday to shop for a wedding dress! I have to say I was very impressed with the bridal shop there! She had a productive day in that she found and ordered not only her dress, but her bridesmaids' dresses and can ALSO order yardage of matching material for her nieces' dresses! I didn't have to do much because there were at LEAST 87 people working in the shop that day and they were SO attentive! At times she had TWO gals in the fitting room with her helping her select and try gowns! While she was busy with her dresses, I had fun looking at all the gowns and surveying all the lace and beadwork! That shop gets nothing but top marks from me! We then trekked over to JoAnn Fabrics and she found patterns for the girls. And THEN...
...she drove me to Clear Lake to the Larson's Mercantile store which is sadly going out of business! :( A co-worker had told me about their 70% off Going-Out-Of-Business-Sale and did I mention that they stock Collinette yarn?!? We got there and the entire store was already being dismantled and everything was PICKED OVER! I literally RAN to the back of the store to the yarn area and there were only 2 skeins of Collinette left in ORANGE but I STILL grabbed them! I also snapped up 20 balls of a fabulous viscose/cotton/acrylic blend sock yarn in Glorious Technicolors and some size 17 dpn's and a pair of size 19 straight bamboo needles! SCORE! All in all, I got over $250 worth of knitting stash for $75! I swore I was going to take it home and just ROLL AROUND IN IT! Of course I was thrilled with my purchase, but I was sad to see that store close! I am sure you can't get Collinette within 150 miles of here! Every now and then on a day off, I'd trek over there to just "visit" the yarn and I'd always leave with a skein or two that I couldn't live without!

No comments: