Sunday, March 01, 2020

Sweet William

Here is my latest finished sweater and I love it!  I love making sweaters for the boy because small versions knit up so quickly!
The pattern is called Sweet William and was purchased on Ravelry.
Here is the finished yoke before I blocked it.  I was a little worried because the colorwork areas were a little puckered before blocking.
The side of the neck opening is closed with two buttons.  I chose these pewter colored metal buttons from my stash because they had an art nouveau vine look to them which went well with the stylized rabbits.
Most of the sweaters I've knit for Marek were with fingering weight yarn and this one was no exception.  This was hand dyed local yarn from Sin City Knits in Las Vegas that I purchased last year on Dave's bowling trip.  Adult sweaters knit from fingering weight take forEVER but I didn't mind this at all.  Also, most fingering skeins have 400+ yards in them so it doesn't take much.  I used a skein and a bit to complete this.  Now what to do with the remainder...
Taking a decent photo of the boy was a bit of a challenge.  The sun is out today and I'm not complaining about that, but I wanted some overcast for a nice photo.  We tried to confine him to the shaded portion of the deck which wasn't easy because he moves so fast!
He is wearing the second hand dressy pants I picked up at Saver's.  The pocket linings match the sweater perfectly.  I was trying to keep him busy with a foil wrapped chocolate bunny.
We still have snow in the middle of the deck and he was very interested in it.  I am so pleased with the fit of this sweater.  The sizing on this pattern goes up to age 10 if memory serves me.  I might have to make a few more of these!
Here is a quick photo of the sweater after I took it off him.  I was really pleased with how the yoke smoothed out once blocked.  The garment was knit from the collar down first back and forth to create the buttonband/neck opening and then joined in the round for the yoke.  Sleeve stitches are held and later picked up while the knitting continues down the body.  This was an absolute pleasure to knit!  It is almost as pretty as my son's eyes!

No comments: