Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Back To Work

Last Monday was my first shift back at work after 12 weeks of maternity leave.  I made a badge with M's picture on it for my ID holder and of course I cried a little when I left.  Dave is a total hands on father and quite capable and we're lucky he doesn't work in the summer so he can be home with him.  I truly was happy to see everyone and had a good first week back.
So far we've exclusively fed him breast milk because it is best for him but also it is free and formula is very expensive.  I know the day will come when he consumes more than I can produce and we'll supplement with formula.  Until that day I will keep pumping including when I'm at work.  This is one of the designated pumping rooms at our disposal.
I'm sure it seems to be a weird thing to blog about but I was very impressed with the facilities!  There is a microwave and fridge in there so you can eat your lunch while you pump and store you milk afterwards.  Pumps are provided as well as areas to store your tubing and containers. 
This room has "seating" for 3 mothers to pump but I've never seen anyone else in there when I've used the room.
Here is my favorite spot to use.  This was the first day back at work and I'd brought my pump from home.  Now I just bring my set of tubing that I saved from when we delivered M.  I always bring my phone and surf or check in with Dave.
This past Sunday was our first Human Father's Day and I brought David breakfast in bed.  We've had Dog Father's Day up until now and he shared some of his scrambled eggs with Lopi.  Marek and I gave him real Dad gifts too: a new wallet because his old one was SHOT, a digital alarm clock with a lightning USB port to charge his phone, and a new pair of sunglasses for him to use fishing and driving.  For Mother's Day, we went to the fiber festival where he kept M occupied in the stroller and worked on his FanDuel while I shopped for yarn.  I can't believe he is almost 13 weeks old.  Where is the time going?

No comments: