Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Lordy I'm Done!

I made a car seat cover using the cotton fox print I had stashed with this pattern.  It was so quick and easy!  The whole thing is secured in the backseat of my car.  It's still a surprise to me every time I go out to the garage and see it in place. 
Today I am 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  This photo was taken last week and I feel even larger now.  A week ago tomorrow I had my membranes stripped at my weekly OB appointment and was so hoping I'd go into labor.  My Doc said that most people are in labor within 3 days of stripping and no such luck.  I go in again tomorrow and will have it repeated.  I'm just done with pregnancy and ready to meet Marek. 

I've been trying to walk and move as much as I can to evict my baby.  We had some nice melty weather last week and I got a bit tearful thinking this might be the last time I walk my Lopi dog alone.  Soon we'll always have a baby in tow.  It is kind of a strange bittersweet feeling.  I'm reminded of whenever I travel overseas on the last full day.  I constantly think, "This is the last trip to the grocery store.  This is the last subway/tram ride.  This is the last time we'll sleep here,"  etc.  At the same time you're excited to be going home soon but you know you'll miss what you experienced.  As excited as I am to be having my son soon, I do worry and am a little fearful of the massive change/responsibility of caring for a child 24/7 for the next 18+ years.
We saw one of the neighbor dogs we hadn't seen all season and you can see how pregnant even my shadow looks.  We were convinced we were in labor once already and it turned out to be false.  It doesn't help that we're first time parents bumbling through this process not knowing what to expect.  We also had an uneventful (thankfully) trip to the ER this week for another unrelieved migraine and were safely assured it wasn't an eclampsia presentation.  We're both in the impatient phase of pre labor and ready to meet our boy.  Hopefully by this weekend we'll have our new addition.

No comments: