Monday, August 21, 2017

Denim Humpback

Old jeans sure look funny once all the denim is cut out of the seams.  Why did I do this you ask?  Well I save all sorts of things including jeans to use in different projects and I saw the cutest idea on a Finnish blog.  She posted an English version of how she made it but did not post formal templates or instructions.  I photo copied and enlarged her picture of the cut out fabric pieces and followed her pictures to make my own version.
I made a few mistakes cutting it out which I realized as I went along.  Since the design of the whale counts on using both sides of the denim for contrast, I figured out after cutting all my pieces that I should have flipped the pattern pieces for half of them.  Note to self for next time.  I also wish I'd used a less faded pair of jeans.  I was happy with my first attempt and now know where to tweak things for next time.  This will go in our baby stash.
I've also felt the need to make freezer meals for when Dave starts up the new school year.  I will buy him frozen entrees if I have a really good coupon for them because he is not much of a cook.  He prefers something he can just heat and eat but I don't like him eating processed food 4 nights a week if I haven't had time to make something with a lot of leftovers.  We had some green peppers to use up so I made a batch of chicken enchiladas and froze them.  I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier because when I normally make them, we have way more than we can eat.  I get those little foil pans at Dollar Tree 3/$1 and they're just the right size.  The sauce is a seasoning packet I get at Aldi mixed with our own garden canned tomato sauce.  Num num!  I'm trying to think of some other heat and eat things I can freeze in these pans.

No comments: