Tuesday, February 07, 2017

It's still winter...

More gloomy cold winter weather.  It is Minnesota however and we pass the season with the comforts of home.  Truth be told, I secretly love this weather because you get to wear all your knitting and snuggle up with blankies and bake with reckless abandon.  Nature gives us beautiful scenery too, like this Sleepy Hollow mist hanging over the woods and pond.
My new favorite thing is my essential oil diffuser.  I have one in my living room and one in our bedroom.  Both were purchased at Target for $29.99 and I don't know what I did without them.  We've used aromatherapy at the hospital for some time now and I use these at home every day and at night.  I use oil blends for relaxing and energizing and just love them and sent one up to my sister in law and nieces in Duluth.  Maybe it is just psychological but I find it very calming and thought they could use a little calm while my brother is deployed.  Also it scents the house without being sooty like a candle, and even though our dogs are well behaved, I always got nervous burning a candle with a dog running loose.  Our new Hyvee stocks a large selection of oils and diffusers and I check them out every time I'm in there.  My favorite oils so far are Sunleaf and Minnesota made!
I finished my first pair of gloves using sock weight yarn and size 2 needles.  These took forever but I am very pleased with the result.  I have tons of sock yarn and now have another project to utilize it instead of just socks.  This yarn was purchased at a gas station shopping center in Iceland!
I look forward to watching EastEnders every weekend on Tpt with a blankie and my heating pad and now I can drink tea with my mug!
My holly plant has berries developing!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  Now I'm checking every day to see if they turn red!  I want this thing to turn into a full blown shrub so I can cut boughs for holiday decorating!

No comments: