Sunday, June 19, 2016

Lucille, meet Rylie

Dave pointed out to me that the Ramsey County Fair is less than a month away so I've got to step my game up!  I put my knitted jacket on hold to start and finish some smaller projects and I'll try to finish my jacket if I can.  My union is on strike starting tomorrow so when I'm not manning my shift on the picket line, I'll be knitting like crazy.
So needless to say, I've got some crazy Start-itis!  I want to enter another baby three piece set and have had this pattern in my to-knit pile for a while.  I picked up this yarn two years ago at a combination book and yarn shop in Spooner, WI on our way to Dave's brother's cabin.
Here is my progress so far.  I'm about to divide for the sleeves.  The diamond lace of this sweater is very similar to a linen sweater I bought in Estonia years ago.  Our tiger lilies are blooming and quite beautiful.

Here is a diaper cover finished last week for my cousin Christine's new baby boy.  I sent a package of baby items to her earlier this week and it should have reached her yesterday or today.  This is a light cotton yarn that will be cool over a diaper--no redneck nekkid but for a diaper summer babies in this family!  The buttons came from Grandpa Maynerd's button box.

No comments: