Monday, April 18, 2016

Sunny Daisy Chenille

What a beautiful weekend we had!  Our first warm real spring weekend.  Dave hung shelves in the garage and cleaned and organized out there.  I did laundry and cleaned and organized the laundry room and bathroom.  We took a trip to Menard's for wood for some home improvement and garden projects.  My reward for all this productivity was to retreat into the sewing room to work on another chenille blanket.  This one is a more neutral baby theme with yellow and white daisies. 
I had to run to Joann's to pick up some blanket binding.  I could swear I had a package of pale yellow but I guess I didn't.  As a bonus, I got this glass Eiffel Tower bottle nic nac on sale for my downstairs French powder room to go with all my other French nic nacs.
I was also thrilled to get my Queen Vic pint glasses in the mail!  I pledged to TPT this year because it is all I watch and of course my favorite show is Eastenders.  I am so happy to report my migraines seem to be manageable and almost, dare I say, under control.  I have not missed work because of them in a while and it felt good to be able to donate to public television.  I've wanted to for the past two years but financially had not been in a place to do so since the migraines made everything so unpredictable.
Here is my blankie cut and bound before washing.  I chose yellow, a pale lime green and gray for my flannel colors.  I really liked the gray in the background of the floral fabric and wanted that to come through so I put that as the outer color. 
Here it is after it has been washed and the magic of chenille has been made.  You can see the yellow and the lime peeking through.
Here is the finished blanket.  They are such thick sturdy blankets.  I'd lay this over broken glass for a baby to play on.  Jimmy Beans Wool also has fabric and if anything absolutely jumps out at me, I'd like to make another one of these.  You can't have too many!

No comments: