Saturday, September 28, 2013

What IS that you're blocking?!?

 My niece Annika has the same birthday as my husband.  She is currently very excited about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I have to admit, I didn't even realize they were popular again.  They have entire lines of action figures and toys and accessories and a new show on TV.  Boy am I out of it!  We asked her which one in particular she liked and what color he wore.  She favors Raphael and his color is red.  I perused Ravelry for TMNT patterns and found this combat scarf thing and whipped one up.  It is mostly stockinette stitch and so just rolled right up on itself and needed blocking, but it looked so funny on the board!

I used this pattern.  She put it right on when she opened it but she did say it itched.  I knit it out of Cascade 220 because that is all I had in the stash in the proper color.  I think it was the leftovers from the Gopher hats.  Hopefully she can actually play in it.

No comments: