Monday, May 20, 2013

Caps for Brenda

 My dear friend Brenda starts her chemotherapy towards the end of the month and she asked me to make a few caps for her.  She wanted "vibrant colors".  Normally I am very anti-acrylic when it comes to yarn but for Brenda, I was willing to make an exception.  I went to Joann's to just see what they had and really liked this one for the glitz of metallic and the colors.  I used size 11 needles and cast on 56 stitches and just knit a plain stockinette hat.  We went fishing the day before yesterday and I was able to cast on and finish it in that one sitting.

 This one is another acrylic blend but it reminded me a lot of Noro Kureyon.  I worry that the acrylic will make her sweat and her skin won't be able to breathe but maybe the eyelets in the pattern will make it a little air conditioned.  Of course I tried them on with a full head of hair and maybe not having any hair will make a difference too.

 I used this pattern and my favorite part was where she posed with her hat like this and said she loved the top spiral of the hat and it made her want to "bow to strangers just so they can see the top of her head."   I have yarn for a couple more so I'd better keep busy.

No comments: