Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun Stuff

Our wedding is less than one month away and I can't believe how quickly time is flying!  Between working my shifts, I am slowly getting things squared away and prepared as well as managing to have some fun with Dave in the last couple weeks.

Dave took me fishing on the St. Croix river near Hudson, WI.  We actually fished under the I-94 bridge.  Normally I bring my knitting on the boat and even if I am not fishing, it is a relaxing and calm afternoon on a lake but I have to admit I was a little nervous here!  It was quite rough and choppy and we had to set and reset the anchors and I thought for sure we'd coast into the bridge pilings.  We didn't catch much at all this day but we did see plenty of sailboats and some hot air balloons.
We also went to the Vali-Hi drive through to see The Bourne Legacy, Batman The Dark Knight Arises, and Ted.  We'd already seen Ted and after the first movie your interest and attention span tends to wane.  We enjoyed $1 hotdogs and nachos with our soup thermos full of queso dip.  We had a nice break from the heat that night and enjoyed a cool and comfortable night at the movies.  I recommend this place to anyone!  It is $8 for adults and $1 for kids 6-12 for 3 movies.  You have to get there when the gate opens to get a spot and then wait til dusk for the show to begin so people tailgate and grill and play catch...or knit.  ;)
We took my knitting to the State Fair 2 weeks before it started.  More on that later.

My dear friend Brenda organized a bachelorette camping get together with a few of my girlfriends.  We had such a nice cool evening around the fire and around the grill!


No comments: