Wednesday, July 25, 2012

It. Is. Done.

 I finished the invitations, stuffed them, addressed them with cheating printed labels, stamped and sealed them.  I have to get a few more stamps but these babies will go out in today's mail.  I can't brag that these are anything fancy.  We went with Wilton invitation kits for our announcements.  I was pleased with the kit and the price and once we going, they weren't so painful.  I remember the days before we had decent home printers and you had to order your announcements and have them printed and then all the inner and outer envelopes, etc.  Such a production.
And while we're on the subject, I wanted to share my collection of wax seals.  I have always loved the medieval idea of sealing correspondence.  These were picked up all over Europe on different trips.  They make great souvenirs because they're small and pack well, they're beautiful and unique and they can be used and enjoyed all your life.  I think my favorite is the green/blue glass one on the left.  It is Venetian glass that I purchased while backpacking IN Venice in 2001.  Two are thistle designs, one is a Celtic knot, one is a flourish design, and the rest are all K's.  I have a K I bought at St. Paul's Cathedral years ago and last month in London, we visited St. Paul's again where I bought an A for my soon to be new last name.

No comments: