Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Knitting for baby Clara Grace

My cousin Stacey is a real trooper and readying to have her second daughter in less than a week. Hopefully I will have a package ready for her and in the mail in two days. I knit this Lace Motif Cardigan from the book 60 Quick Baby Knits. Stacey had requested chocolate brown knitted items and I used brown Patons Classic Wool yarn.


I just love this book because every pattern is written for Cascade 220 yarn which is a fabulous yarn but more importantly it is worsted weight and can be easily substituted. I have never had a pattern book before this that I could knit absolutely every item in the book with what I have on hand. That's the trouble with knitting though is that many beautiful patterns often call for obscure and/or expensive yarn.


I also stitched her a pair of booties out of some hand dyed felt I'd had. These are the same I made for Erik's baptism. I'm halfway through another pair of Multicolored Sockies for her from the same beautiful shade of Koigu. I can't wait to package these up and get them to Stacey!

No comments: