Monday, August 08, 2011

Chevron Scarf

I finally finished my Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. This is basically a stockinette feather and fan pattern but instead of YO's, you knit in the forward and back of the stitch. The stripes are created by alternating two different colorways of Koigu PPM yarn as they are worked back and forth two rows at a time. This was listed in the "more than 8 hour projects" section and boy was it ever!? I have been working on this forever here and there and finally finished it. I'd attempted to knit lace socks out of the lighter colorway but quickly abandoned the project because the lace was lost in the color changes and the lace just didn't have any ribbing or recoil to hold up a practical pair of socks. I got the dark green yarn specifically to recycle that abandoned lace and I was very pleased with the pairing.


The only thing I didn't like about this project was all the blocking. It is a pleated blob off the needles and must be tediously pinned and shaped but well worth the trouble. Feather and fan lace edges have opposite curves which makes them unmatched. I'm really happy with the finished project and look forward to wearing it in the fall.

No comments: