Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We're all out of cornflakes - FO's

I haven't posted any pictures in a while. These are some socks I knit for my older niece knit from Misti Alpaca sock weight. This really is a finer sock yarn and if I'm going to knit durable adult size socks from it, I'm going to have to use size 1 or smaller needles and cast on thousands of stitches. I like using 2's and 60-68 stitches but this yarn is a little too fine for that.

These are a pair of baby bootees for my nephew on the way. My sister is holding them in front of her tummy for the picture. They are knit from the scraps of the Lion Brand Sock Ease that I used to knit her birthday socks. Now Mommy and Baby will have matching footwear! :)

These are some fingerless mitts I knit for a gal at work who'd hurt her back. They're knit from Cascade Yarns Pastaza Paints and it's actually llama and wool. I used this pattern on size 8 needles and I used about 90 yards or so. I was very pleased with them and I think she liked them. She drives quite a distance to work so I thought she could use a pair. This yarn was nice because it wasn't too busy that you lose the cables. I'd only made these in aran yarn before and they seem quite boring compared to these!

Happy Late Valentine's Day to everyone. We were able to get together as a family (minus my brother) twice in as many weeks. My nieces are always such fun and we were all able to enjoy making and decorating (and eating!) obnoxious valentine sugar cookies. My brother doesn't even like small sprinkles, so maybe it was just as well that he wasn't there!

No comments: