Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ornamental Trial and Error

A couple of us gals got together to work on some photo resin ornaments earlier in the week. We went through 12 ounces of the stuff on quite a few ornaments. The instructions are very specific about mixing for a few minutes and then changing containers and stirring sticks for further mixing. We cheated a little on the mixing process towards the end of the evening because we were running out of containers. I wonder if we didn't accelerate some sort of chemical reaction by reusing the containers because the last batch set up and was actually hardening while we were sitting there which I've never yet seen happen. Still it was fun to sit around in a group and work on these and yik yak!

I made an ornament of my late beloved Buzzy with his doggie tag and I finally got around to pouring Mom's lemon curd label that is a painting of Elizabeth I. I attempted one with my grandparents' wedding photo and a field trip photo from last year but they fell victim to our resin malfunction. They have flaws on their surfaces and really were hardening before we could blow the bubbles out of it. They're ok but I'm just crabby about them.

No comments: