Sunday, May 13, 2007

This last Thursday was the monthly meeting of the area spinners and weavers. We met at the MacNider Museum (on the LAWN and I was already internally whining about the heat) and one member had her floor loom set up for an overshot weaving demonstration. I stopped in to see my beloved puppets before I left.




I hit the library before I went home. No new or exciting knitting books. And shame on me, but I saw this growing in the lawn of the library and couldn't help but swipe it! I absolutely LOVE Lillies of the Valley! This tiny little stalk was so delicately fragrant!

When I was little, my mother used to play the piano and we'd sing all kinds of songs. We learned a lot of Norwegian songs and hymns growing up. We had piano music for The Sound Of Music and Hans Christian Andersen and Sunday School songs. One of my mother's favorites was 'White Choral Bells'. "White choral bells upon a slender stalk, lillies of the valley deck my garden walk. Oh don't you wish that you could hear them ring? That will only happen when the fairies sing." HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, MOM!

No comments: