Sunday, August 27, 2006

Antiques



This girlfriend and I ALSO hit the antique store this week...and I found a few things I couldn't live without. I found a pristine copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking", some fabulous Martha-esque metal hostess trays, a print (I forget what they're called but you need the little view-finder thing to look at them) of Rue de Rivoli in Paris, lots of fabulous TRIMS and shell buttons, and a copy of the book "Heidi" I had as a kid, as well as a copy of "Ola". We had "The Terrible Troll Bird" and "Trolls" by this same author/illustrator team growing up, but I had never heard of this one! It is such a lovely little Norwegian story, and all the characters in the book wear bunads and there is rosemaling on every page! The poor thing was in terrible condition, but we'll tape it to death and I'm sure my nieces will still enjoy it!

No comments: